Barbara Guidi, University of Pisa, Italy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Ricci – University of Pisa, Italy, email@example.com
The diffusion of online social networks (OSN) has had a profound effect on the way we interact and a deep impact on society and business. Social networks have helped people to communicate breaking down the geographical barriers that restricted communication. Through social networks virtual communication,sharing of information, community participation is possible even among people in unconfortable conditions. Analysis of social networks content can help to foresee events to manage critical scenarios.
The rapid growth in popularity has opened new challenging problems which involve numerous fields in computer science. These issues have implications on community discovery, information diffusion, social graph analysis, trust and security and so on. Moreover, privacy issues and the usage of mobile devices has opened new research fields in the design of decentralized online social networks.
The special session targets researchers, doctoral students, people from industry and other people interested in discussing, reflecting and networking on central themes associated with the development and the use of social networks. Paper on both theoretical and design aspects of social networks are welcomed, which describe and evaluate novel design methods and system prototypes. The special session also welcomes work in progress and position papers.
Authors are solicited to submit original, previously unpublished papers in the following, but not limited to, topic areas:
• Social Networks Design
• Security and Privacy in OSNs
• Reputation and Trust in OSNs
• Distributed Social Networking applications: P2P, Cloud and Mobile
• Techniques for Data Replication and Dissemination in distributed OSNs
• Social Graph Analysis
• Sentiment Analysis
• Data Mining and Machine Learning for OSNs
• Recommender systems for OSNs
• Communities in OSNs
• Complex Network Analysis in OSNs
• Dynamic Network Analysis in OSNs
• Collaboration and Knowledge Management
• Event forecasting using OSNs data
• Economic and Social effects
• Ethical Issues
Accepted papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings. Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers of the whole conference will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 3.259)
- Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP) Journal
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cloud Systems
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Serious Games
Full Paper Submission deadline: 14 September 2018
Notification deadline: 5 October 2018
Camera-ready deadline: 1 November 2018
Conference: November 28-30, 2018
We will be grateful to you for advertising this special session, for contributing and for inviting your colleagues and/or research students to submit their work. We hope to meet you in Bologna in November.